Is this you?
Do you enjoy playing with the latest technologies? Love contributing to the developers communities at large? Want to share your knowledge and experience? Read on.
As a Developer Evangelist at Pusher, you job is to build awareness and adoption of our APIs to developer across the globe. You will achieve this by bringing value to the developer communities by doing 4 main activities:
⚗️ Open Source: Create open source libraries, tooling or mini products that help developer be more productive. Some examples: AtomPair & notifications.js
❤️ Community: Speak at and attend meetups or conferences. Train developers at Agencies, Startups and accelerators to use our APIs. Your role is to keep a pulse on the communities to know what trends are coming and create opportunities for Pusher. We also recently launched /Sessions to help developer access meetup talks from around the world.
📚 Content: Bring value to developers by creating tutorials, educational pages or videos documenting how to best use our APIs and other trendy technologies.
👩🎓Advisor: Be the voice of developers in the marketing team and advise them on how best to communicate with the developer communities.
What you could be doing?
- Create tutorials and production ready sample apps to get developers excited about Pusher.
- Write Tutorials to educate and showcase what developers can build with our APIs.
- Contribute to Open Source and help the developer communities.
- Speak & attend at meetups, conferences and other developer events to become a thought leader.
- Use videos or live streaming (Twitch, livecoding, etc) as a new medium to educate and engage with the communities.
- Work with startups and accelerators to demo our APIs and help their team build great apps.
- Provide feedback from the communities to our product teams
- Help with Developer Experience, for example improving the onboarding experience for developers.
- Participate in many internal hackdays where we test out new ideas
- ... And plenty more awesome stuff ⚡
What are you like?
- You come from a developer background
- You love building prototypes and side projects, especially if it gives you the opportunity to play with new frameworks & languages
- You are always curious about new technology - and you want to share your knowledge
- You like creating content that helps developers do their jobs better
- You love talking about tech with other developers - whether that’s in-person at an event or hackathon, or online on a screencast.
- You believe that, although events are important, there are lots of other ways to get Pusher’s product in the hands of developers - and you want to try them out.
⚠️⚠️⚠️ Application Process ⚠️⚠️⚠️
You will notice that attaching a CV is not mandatory, this is not a bug, we have asked some questions instead that will give you the platform to talk to us in terms of the role. If in addition you want to include your CV then you can but you don't loose points for not including it.
Pusher is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- You choose your kit
- Pension & Health insurance
- Flexible working
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free breakfast, snacks & drinks
- Monthly lunch
- Regular social events
- Yoga & Massages
- Pusher clubs
- Pusher library