Pusher’s realtime APIs power applications around the world across various industries. When you see an in-app chat, a collaborative text editor, or anything else that updates instantly—it could be us shifting events behind the scenes.
We are looking for an experienced data engineer with a demonstrated track record of building large scale distributed data processing frameworks. You will build and launch real-time data processing pipelines that will collect and organise tens of millions of events per day. Your work will have a significant impact across the wider teams.
To give you a sense of our scale:
- Pusher serves 250,000 developers across 170 countries,
- We handle several millions of concurrent connections,
- Our customers have published over 10 trillion messages via Channels.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Data Engineer in Analytics team, you will:
- Build and launch real-time scalable 3rd party integration framework
- Build and launch real-time data processing pipelines that will collect and organise tens of millions of events per day
- Implement automated data quality framework ensuring highest standard of data accuracy
- Help to scale our self service analytics platform supporting company wide initiatives
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end.
- Organize both structured and unstructured data by implementing appropriate infrastructure tools and systems to house data for reporting and analytics purposes.
What working in the Analytics Team looks like
- The Analytics team has a lot of autonomy - the team sits under the Operations
- We use Google Cloud Platform and Python for most things.
- We are happy to use external services where doing so saves time and increases velocity.
- We work in short iterations with as little bureaucracy as possible. We value continuous improvement.
What skills you’ll need:
- Relevant diverse experience in building data processing frameworks and services
- Experience working with cloud data warehouses - Redshift, BigQuery
- Experience working with real-time data processing technologies like Kafka, Google Pub/Sub, Apache Beam, etc
- Experience with NoSQL database technologies like Cassandra, Cloud Datastore etc.
- Experience with DAG based open source workflow management solutions airflow etc.
- Some experience or familiarity with front end tech stack is useful
What Pusher is like
We strongly believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion. They not only provide a better working environment but also improve the quality of our services. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
We are here to help our customers build delightful applications. By solving significant engineering challenges and packaging them into easy to use APIs, we let developers focus on making their users happy.
We put emphasis on collaboration between people and teams. Everyone is on the same mission, so sharing work helps us reach our goals faster. Throwing problems over the wall and pointing fingers at each other is not our style.
We strive for transparency. Keeping everyone well-informed is crucial for building trust, efficiency and satisfaction at work.
What you get
You choose your kit
Pension & Health insurance
28 days holiday (which includes company closure over the Christmas period) + bank holidays
Free breakfast, snacks & drinks
Regular social events
Yoga & Massages