Technical Product Manager
At Pusher, we’re looking for someone who has a deep passion for developer products. We believe the world needs more software, and more of it can be distributed and packaged as APIs. We want you to help us do this.
We divide our engineering teams into small “Raiding Parties” who explore new ideas for products. We’re looking for technically-minded product managers to lead these products through customer development and eventual success as part of a larger portfolio we are creating.
To be considered for this role we are looking for people who are:
- Technical (possibly software engineers who are changing career)
- Deeply empathetic to customers’ needs
- Experienced in validating ideas with real customers, and evolving a product based on feedback
- Opinionated about how APIs and SDKs can be built to conform to a general set of principles
- Passionate about the primacy of developer experience as a leading indicator of success
Is this you?
We’re looking for people who can run the gamut: from seeking out problems to be solved; to articulating a potential solution; leading a small team towards an MVP; and finally evolving the product and objectively stating its success or failure.
You will be supporting the work of the teams by producing the user-facing documentation; user stories; early marketing materials; wireframing dashboard information architecture and designing user surveys.
You’ll have to be technical enough to build websites and small applications to “dog food” the products your team will be building. You’ll need enough technical credibility to guide highly technical teams.
You’ll understand and be enthusiastic about Customer Development and The Lean Startup. You’ll understand agile working practices like Scrum and Kanban. In all these things you will not be dogmatic. We’re adherents of the phrase “strong opinions, loosely held”. This role epitomises this sentiment.
Pusher is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Skills, Qualifications, Experience.
- At least 5 years Product Management experience.
- Have worked with Software Engineers as either internal or external customers
- Be technically credible in the company of Developers
- Understand the Software Development life cycle
- You have been involved in the delivery of highly technical products from inception to release and beyond
- Produced user stories
- Bachelors Degree
DATES FOR APPLICATION:
What you get
- £60,000.00 - £90,000.00 Basic Salary
- Based in the heart of trendy Shoreditch
- Flexible hours (Full Time)
- MacBooks for all
- Profitable company
- Team lunches
- Private health insurance
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension plan
- Free snacks