Senior Content Marketing Manager
Pusher is a developer tools company that makes realtime APIs powering communication and collaboration apps all over the world. Our easy and reliable platform gives everything developers need to build scalable interactive apps.
Your mission 🚀
Over the past 18 months Pusher has started to build a reputation for publishing some great educational and insightful content in the developer tools industry through our blog, tutorials platform, and /Sessions, which combined reaches tens of thousands of people every month.
We are now looking for a metrics-driven Content Marketing Manager based in our San Francisco office who can develop a content strategy to take our blogs, /Tutorials and new content platforms from 200k to 1+ million monthly readers.
Your mission is to further our content strategy to get us from 200k to 1+ million monthly readers. To do so you can tap into our existing pool of 30 technical guest writers. Content is a key part of our growth engine and will be resourced accordingly.
You will be the owner of our blog, /tutorials and other content-heavy publications and be responsible for their growth and impact by publishing timely and relevant content several times a week and promote the content accordingly to the right channels to achieve our user acquisition and brand awareness goals.
What you will be working on 👩💻👨💻
As this is a new role at Pusher, you will have the opportunity to have a big impact on how we take our existing content machine forward and you will be responsible for building new processes and executing new strategies to reach our audience.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Define and improve Pusher’s content marketing strategy, answering what to write, where to publish, and when to publish to acquire more users and increase our brand awareness.
- Run and improve the existing Guest Writer Program and it’s 30+ writers.
- Make sure all content is SEO ready and has a strong distribution strategy.
- Establish our content creation processes, including creation and ownership over our editorial calendar that allows for company-wide visibility into Pusher’s content marketing activities.
- Source and collaborate with freelancers and guest contributors.
- Collaborate with cross-functional marketing team members on campaigns and product launches.
- Write, edit, and proofread copy for marketing materials, ensuring a consistent message and voice across all channels while supporting brand guidelines.
- Help inform the product marketing strategy by maintaining a continuous feedback loop on content consumption and performance.
Is this you?
You are a highly creative and an excellent writer/editor but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- 3+ years experience in content marketing, social media, or journalism at a technology company.
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external contributors.
- Extremely detail-oriented and organised; able to meet deadlines.
- Obsessive about content quality, not quantity.
- Regular reporting on content and channel performance to help optimise our content marketing efforts.
- Understand the software development audience we’ll be writing for.
- Firm understanding of marketing funnels.
- Excellent writing and editing skills and ability to do both according to a specific style guide.
- Successful track record scaling content distribution.
Finally, you read this job description and thought to yourself “I could write a more succinct and better one”.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Save for your future with our 401k
- Healthcare (Full Medical, Dental and Vision cover)
- Catered Meals (Free Lunch) plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Generous PTO Policy
Pusher is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.