Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Pusher makes realtime APIs that power communication and collaboration apps all over the world. Our products are supported by easy to integrate SDKs for web, mobile, as well as most popular backend stacks. We’re passionate about developer experience and making our APIs as easy to use as we can.
The current core Pusher product is a multi-tenant distributed system that allows our customers to deliver tens of billions of messages to their connected users. We’re also building a range of new products that are deployed on an entirely new infrastructure stack based on Kubernetes.
We operate at mind-boggling scale, and this informs and affects everything we do.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineers mainly develop and maintain our new realtime platform, and help our product teams build highly-performant APIs.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Increasing automation and reducing deployment time on our platform.
- Maintaining Pusher's reputation for maximum reliability.
- Building tools where one doesn't exist already.
- Being part of our on-call rota.
- Contributing to decisions about the team's architectural direction.
What do we believe about infrastructure?
- We believe that engineers should deploy applications with the simplest and safest tooling available.
- We are big fans of immutable infrastructure and seek to reduce customisation of individual boxes.
- We prefer open source tools and cloud infrastructure
What have you done?
- You come from a programming background but you know about operations. Maybe you filled the operations role on a previous team.
- You've automated or improved automation in parts of a deployment process, saving time, energy and money.
- You have worked with containers on any platform.
What are you like?
- You want to work with a highly-available distributed system that reliably handles tens of billions of messages a month.
- You enjoy solving tough problems in the real world.
- You are always curious about new technology.
- You are passionate about the unique challenges presented by cloud-native infrastructure.
What would be even better?
- You’ve written software in Go.
- You’ve used Kubernetes.
- You've built something that used Pusher.
Pusher is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Competitive salary
- You choose your kit
- Pension & Health insurance
- Flexible working
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free breakfast, snacks & drinks
- Monthly lunch
- Regular social events
- Yoga & Massages
- Pusher library