Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Cloud Infrastructure Engineers help our Engineering team to continually improve the way we deploy and maintain the Pusher platform.
Pusher is a communication layer for application developers that routes data at scale and in realtime.
The current core Pusher product is a multi-tenant distributed system that allows our customers to deliver tens of billions of messages to their connected users. We operate at mind-boggling scale, and this informs and affects everything we do.
We want to improve the lives of other developers by solving hard problems for them, and by freeing them from operating and maintaining their own infrastructure. We’re passionate about developer experience and making our APIs as easy to use as we can.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Increasing automation and reducing deployment time on our platform
- Maintaining Pusher's reputation for maximum reliability
- Building tools where one doesn't exist already
- Being part of our on-call rota
- Contributing to decisions about the team's architectural direction.
What do we believe about infrastructure?
- We believe that engineers should deploy applications with the simplest and safest tooling available.
- We are big fans of immutable infrastructure and seek to reduce customisation of individual boxes.
- We prefer open source tools and cloud infrastructure.
What have you done?
- You come from a programming background but you know about operations. Maybe you filled the operations role on a previous team.
- You've automated or improved automation in parts of a deployment process, saving time, energy and money.
What are you like?
- You want to work with a highly-available distributed system that reliably handles tens of billions of messages a month
- You enjoy solving tough problems in the real world
- You are always curious about new technology
- You enjoy the unique challenges cloud infrastructure presents
What would be even better?
- Past usage of multiple languages and frameworks
- You've used Pusher in the past
Pusher is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Competitive salary
- Based in the heart of trendy Shoreditch
- Flexible hours
- MacBooks for all
- Profitable company
- Team lunches
- Private health insurance
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension plan
- Free snacks