Developer Community Manager
About Pusher 🤩
Pusher is a developer tools company that makes realtime Application Programming Interfaces (API) to power communication and collaboration apps all over the world. Our easy and reliable platform gives everything developers need to build scalable and interactive apps.
Your Mission 🚀
We are looking for a Developer Community Manager at Pusher to help us engage with the various communities of developers interested in Pusher and related products.
Your mission will be to engage, empower, and grow the community of developers using Pusher’s realtime products, otherwise connected to Pusher, or realtime in general.
You will discover the best methods and tools to engage and interact with the developers in our communities.
As a Developer Community Manager at Pusher, your mission during 2019 will be to build community around the Pusher product portfolio, to empower developers, identify and reward most active community members, and relay feedback to the teams building our products. Could this be you?
What you could be doing ✨
Here are some short-to-mid terms ideas and suggestions for activities and initiatives you might undertake as our Developer Community Manager!
First 3 months
- Evaluate and pick the best forum software to use, and configure & deploy it with Pusher’s brand and company identity in mind
- Define, own, and enforce the code of conduct for the new community
- Merge various communities of Pusher users and migrate them to a new forum, our Community Slack, and the Guest Writer community are good candidates to start
- Keep the discussion going by daily posting new content for Pusher - from tutorials, to product updates and announcements, to new knowledge base entries
- Support community members by linking them to our support team and product teams, and promote the work they share externally
- Regularly present happenings in the community internally in the company
First 6 months
- Establish the new community as an avenue for gathering developer feedback and beta testing new features and products
- Create new processes and tactics that drive engagement in the community
- Expand our community into live/offline meetups by including the Pusher /Sessions meetup organisers
- Expand our reach and activities into other developer networks and communities, such as StackOverflow, Dev.to, Reddit, and similar
- Launch a webinar/podcast series with the community
First year and beyond…
- Give external talks and write about our community efforts
- Launch an Ambassador programme with our most active community members
- Help organise PusherCon 🚀
About you… 👩💻👨💻
- You are an emphatic and caring human who enjoys helping out other humans
- In addition to humans, we also take cyborgs
- You understand developer speak - it’s great if you can tell an API from a SDK, and a 5XX status code from a 2XX, but you don’t need a computing degree and/or experience working as a developer
- You participate in developer or technology communities. Having managed or moderated communities in the past is a definite plus
- You are comfortable working with people in different timezones
- You are organised - a master of your calendar and schedule and know how to stay on top of your commitments
- You know how to deal with a number of characters, especially in an online setting
- Creative enough to come up with new activities or initiatives to try with the community
- Genuinely enthusiastic about growing a developer community
- Eager to learn new skills
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary and equity
- You choose from a range of equipment
- Pension & Health insurance (including vision and dental)
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free breakfast, snacks & drinks
- Monthly lunch
- Regular social events
- Yoga & Massages
- Pusher library
Pusher is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.