Chief of Staff
Pusher is searching for an outstanding Chief of Staff to help maximize the CEO’s reach, organize and drive critical initiatives, and accelerate the company’s ability to scale quickly.
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the Leadership Team, the CoS will manage a broad portfolio providing operational structure and delivery excellence to cross-functional teams and projects. By using a mix of analytical expertise, organizational savvy, and trusted relationships the CoS will have a material impact on Pusher’s growth and success.
- Operational discipline and delivery excellence to the executive team (such as effective meetings, cadence, decisions, off sites, accountability to OKRs, tracking of KPIs, etc.)
- Project management of strategic initiatives for the CEO (such as tooling, fundraising, communications, company rituals, etc.)
- Management and triage of the reporting of “bugs” against the company’s operating system
- Execute operational initiatives in coordination with the CEO, as either a delegate or facilitator, to define and maintain effective accountability and reporting of results
- Work on (and many times lead) cross-organizational projects
- Drive the company’s strategic planning and budgeting process
- Perform program management tasks, including prepping the CEO for client meetings, coordinating certain executive/product meetings, and one-off items
- Prepare CEO for regular and key clients, prospect, and company interactions, include Board meeting and company events
Desired Professional Background
- Previous experience as a Chief of Staff in a high-growth company (between 30-200 people) is desired.
- Alternatively, experience as a management consultant delivering operational and business solutions will be considered.
- Experience in a consulting, strategy, operations, project management, business management, and/or a related role
- Experience with portfolio management with many operational stakeholders
- Managed an executive team’s rituals and meetings
- Experience with fundraising
- Experience with analysis and reporting
- An undergraduate degree or MBA would be advantageous in this role
- The ability to gain the trust and respect of the CEO and leadership team
- An effective balance of humility and ego – someone who can act as a proxy for the CEO without overstepping organizational boundaries
- Diligence in following through on details and wrapping up loose ends
- A desire to operate effectively with a fair amount of ambiguity, and the ability to ask clarifying questions
- The emotional intelligence to understand and contribute to the culture we are building at Pusher – and the ability to contribute previous experience to this effort
Pusher helps software developers build better, delightful applications. By solving significant engineering challenges with easy-to-use APIs, we let developers focus on making their users happy. Our real-time APIs power applications around the world. When you see an in-app chat, a collaborative text editor, or anything else that updates instantly, it could be us shifting events behind the scenes. Each month, for over 250,000 developer customers in 170 countries, we send more than 800 billion messages to 9 billion connected devices across the world with 99.98% uptime. We are backed by Balderton Capital, Europe's leading early-stage venture capital investor, and growing our offices in London and San Francisco. For more on our history, news, and press coverage, please visit The Pusher Press Room.
What Pusher is like
We are in an extended phase of growth and change – and after a period of being a successful smaller company, we are learning how to be a successful larger company. We put emphasis on collaboration between people and teams. Everyone is on the same mission, so sharing work helps us reach our goals faster. Throwing problems over the wall and pointing fingers at each other is not our style. We strive for transparency. Keeping everyone well-informed is crucial for building trust, efficiency, and satisfaction at work. We strongly believe in the importance of diversity and inclusive teams – they provide a better working environment and improve the quality of our services. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
What Pusher provides
- Pension (up to 4% matching)
- Private Healthcare Insurance (including Dental & Optical, after completing Probation)
- A choice of laptop, monitor and peripherals
- Learning allowance
- 25 days annual leave + 3 days between Christmas and New Year when the office is closed
- Free breakfast, fresh fruit, soft drinks, tea, high-quality freshly-ground coffee, and snacks
- Massages and yoga in the office
- Regular office social events