Pusher is a developer tools company helping some of the worlds most innovative companies build realtime, interactive features into their web and mobile apps. Collaborated through InVision, ordered dinner on Deliveroo, or taken a ride with Lyft? Pusher helps deliver those experiences and many more. We help developers spend less time reinventing the wheel, and more time innovating.
As a Front-end Engineer working with Marketing, you’ll be responsible for creating performant, accessible, and highly interactive experiences through collaborating closely with design, content, and illustration. You’ll also create and build on standards for front-end engineering at Pusher, and share your expertise with others to improve both the team and organisation.
We’re creating a front-end stack that’s simple, stable, and easy to work with. You’ll play a key role in helping the team think conservatively about technology, leverage the platform over and above frameworks, and create systems that are highly optimised to serve the needs of the business and our customers. We want to to have fewer moving parts but have each one work incredibly well.
You’ll be doing things like
- Collaborating with design, content, and illustration to build a world-class marketing site
- Ensuring that our built patterns are consistent, coherent, and have a great user experience
- Simplifying our tech stack to focus on the platform and how we can optimise performance
- Building out the design system to increase the speed at which we can create new projects
- Improving how we communicate through motion and interaction design using web tech
- Making our tech stack easy to contribute to from across the department to increase our reach
- Creating systems that enable the team to prototype and iterate rapidly on different ideas
- Building out the capability to perform large A/B tests of different content and/or designs
You’ll be successful if you
- Always start with the problem you’re trying to solve
- Take initiative and move with a sense of urgency
- Hold yourself accountable for the work you create
- Offer and receive candid feedback about the work
- Communicate your ideas succinctly and effectively
You’ll need experience in
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to create harmonious work
- Creating, contributing to or using design systems or patterns libraries
- Building highly performant and accessible experiences for the web
- Working in a range of technologies and frameworks (and lack thereof)
- Building interactive experiences using the latest JS and CSS features
- Employing progressive enhancement to create things for the many
- Working to ambitious timings whilst scoping work to maintain quality
- Measuring the impact of your work and iterating on it based on data
What Pusher is like
We strongly believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion. They not only provide a better working environment but also improve the quality of our services. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
We are here to help our customers build delightful applications. By solving significant engineering challenges and packaging them into easy to use APIs, we help developers focus on making their users happy.
We put emphasis on collaboration between people and teams. Everyone is on the same mission, so sharing work helps us reach our goals faster. Throwing problems over the wall and pointing fingers at each other is not our style.
We strive for transparency. Keeping everyone well-informed is crucial for building trust, efficiency and satisfaction at work.
What Pusher provides
- Pension (up to 4% matching)
- Private Healthcare Insurance (including Dental & Optical, after completing Probation)
- A choice of laptop, monitor and peripherals
- Learning allowance
- 25 days annual leave + 3 days between Christmas and New Year when the office is closed
- Free breakfast, fresh fruit, soft drinks, tea, high-quality freshly-ground coffee, and snacks
- Massages and yoga in the office
- Regular office social events