Senior Support Engineer
Pusher’s realtime APIs power applications around the world across many industries. When you see an in-app chat, a collaborative text editor, or anything else that updates instantly from category-leading brands like Lyft, DoorDash and the New York Times — Pusher is shifting events behind the scenes.
As the first Senior Support Engineer at Pusher in San Francisco, you will be responsible for providing customer support and technical guidance for our hosted realtime API products. As a key member of our global Support team, you will look after customers from around the globe, with an emphasis on our growing North American customer base. In close contact with the European team, and reporting to our Support Director, you will be joining a highly technical Support team that is focused on being the best at what they do. You will also work closely with product development and other key internal stakeholders, driving process improvements and as we grow in the region mentoring and guiding further team members.
What you will typically do
Your responsibilities will include such things as:
- Providing top-notch support to our developer-focused client base
- Understanding and using Pusher products in order to diagnose and progress issues in our supported languages
- Engaging with our customers and ensuring that their voice is heard across the organization
- Participating in the shaping of the future of the Support Function in San Francisco and North America
What you will be able to learn
Great Support Engineers never stop learning, so we want to provide you opportunities for improving your knowledge. As a Support Engineer you will:
- Become a subject matter expert in Pusher’s product set, supporting thousands of developers as they use our technology in new and challenging ways
- Develop your own technical expertise by working closely with our engineering team to understand the core technologies behind our products and platforms
- Grow your own commercial awareness by engaging with our Sales and Marketing functions to ensure we fully support the entire customer journey.
What working on the Support Team looks like
Pusher Support is a global function with one objective: make our customers as successful as possible. Our customers are some of the world’s best developers and we have to provide and maintain the highest service levels to meet their expert needs. We respond proactively and reactively to customer issues, often handling customer queries about their new prototype product, or assisting a developer who is running a world-beating app with hundreds of thousands of users. These responsibilities require our support team to be fluent in rapid task-switching — and that every Support Engineer be a top-notch individual, technically and in their commitment to customer service.
What Pusher is like
We are in an extended phase of change and growth: after a period of success as a smaller company, we are learning how to be a successful global company. This process is challenging, rewarding, frustrating, and invigorating, often at the same time. We are trying to do very big things — at the end of the day, we want to help hundreds of thousands of developers who will impact hundreds of millions of users.
We strongly believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion. For us, diversity means “difference” and inclusion means “making the differences work together” – and the result is a company that strives to practice consistently high levels of belonging. Inclusivity provides a better working environment for all, improves the quality of our services, and positively impacts outcomes. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, orientations, ages, abilities, and perspectives.
We are here to help our customers build delightful applications. By solving significant engineering challenges and packaging them into easy to use APIs, we let developers focus on making their users happy. We believe the growing demand for software will greatly improve developer productivity and, in turn, increase the quality of the apps we all use on a daily basis.
We put emphasis on collaboration between people and teams. Everyone is on the same mission, so sharing work helps us reach our goals faster. We strive for transparency. Keeping everyone well-informed is crucial for building trust, efficiency, and satisfaction at work.
What Pusher provides
- Save for your future with our 401k
- Healthcare: Medical, Dental and Vision (we pay for 80% of premiums for employees and dependents)
- Catered Meals (Free Lunch) plus a fully stocked kitchen
- Generous PTO Policy
Pusher is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.