Product Engineer (Full Stack)
Product Engineers turn our resilient platform into products that make our customers feel like they have superpowers.
Pusher is a communication layer for application developers that routes data at scale and in realtime.
The current core Pusher product is a multi-tenant distributed system that allows our customers to deliver tens of billions of messages to their connected users. We operate at mind-boggling scale, and this informs and affects everything we do.
We want to improve the lives of other developers by solving hard problems for them, and by freeing them from operating and maintaining their own infrastructure. We’re passionate about developer experience and making our APIs as easy to use as we can.
What you will be doing
Pusher is a challenging but supportive environment. We want you to get involved with as much of our engineering lifecycle as possible. Your typical week might involve the following...
We also believe in using existing technologies wherever we can.
You should expect to spend some of your time at Pusher designing new features and reviewing other people’s ideas.
On our core product, you will influence how our APIs are designed, and work with the rest of the team to bring new features to life. You may also take ownership of some of our integration libraries, and develop them further. You'll also be bringing the developer experience front and centre, though you don't have to be a UI or UX expert (we have friendly front-end engineers to help you with this).
The Pusher engineering team continually works on exploratory ideas for new products, and we want you to contribute. We believe that great things emerge from small empowered teams unencumbered by too many outside opinions. We make sure engineers have the tools and time to explore new ideas and focus on novel solutions.
What have you done?
- You have loads of experience building web applications, ideally in a variety of languages and technology stacks
- You've built APIs, and you know what makes an API great
- You know what makes web developers do this, and what makes them do this
What are you like?
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- You're an advocate of using services like ours
- You're creative and open to experimentation
- You have a relentless drive to make things better for our customers
- You're opinionated about what makes a tool great...
- ...but you're pragmatic about how to achieve greatness
What would be even better?
- Experience with multiple JS frameworks or Node.js
- You've used Pusher in the past
- You know something we don't (try us)
Pusher is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
- Competitive salary
- Based in the heart of trendy Shoreditch
- Flexible hours
- MacBooks for all
- Profitable company
- Team lunches
- Private health insurance
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension plan
- Free snacks