Graduate Software Engineer (Summer 2017)
We're looking for people to join our engineering team in an entry-level customer-facing role this coming summer, with a great opportunity to level up into our full engineering team.
The core Pusher product is a multi-tenant distributed system that allows our customers to deliver billions of messages to their connected users. We want to improve the lives of other developers by making hard problems simple, freeing them from operating and maintaining their own realtime infrastructure.
Our engineers are often the first people at Pusher who our users speak to, and we know that a great developer experience for them means happy (and paying) customers for us. Our engineering team helps our customers implement Pusher into their apps, and teaches them best practices for building apps on our infrastructure.
You'll spend most of your time working directly with customers, but in the course of this you will be able to fix the problems yourself and commit code to our platform. We think this will be a great route into a full role in our Engineering team within six to nine months, although we want to help you fulfil your career aspirations whatever they are.
We are looking for personal qualities rather than specific experience, but our customers are developers so you do need to have some technical understanding of how web applications are built.
Some other things we are looking for:
- You need to be able to empathise with our customers and understand the challenges they are facing.
- You love helping people solve real problems that make them ten times more productive.
- You enjoy working out the root causes and real reasons that a problem has happened, then working out the solution and implementing it.
- You are a strong written communicator, with a friendly and open style. You're happy to drop the occasional semi-colon into your emails.
- You are happy to occasionally work outside usual office hours to support our customers in other parts of the world. We will be very reasonable in repaying the time you invest on this.
Pusher is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
We are currently unable to offer Visa Sponsorship for this position.
- Competitive salary
- Based in the heart of trendy Shoreditch
- Flexible hours
- MacBooks for all
- Profitable company
- Team lunches
- Private health insurance
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension plan
- Free snacks