At Pusher, we have a passion for technology and we believe the world needs more software, and more of it can be distributed and packaged as APIs. We’re growing in every department, rapidly expanding our customer base and we’re building new and exciting products to help developers do their jobs better.
We’re looking for a commercially minded lawyer who is happy to work on a broad remit to optimise the management of all of Pusher’s outstanding legal risks.
What will you be doing?
You will have full ownership of the legal operations of the business. Your job will be to pragmatically balance the commercial goals of the business; with the legal requirements of the industry we work within.
You will work across every department within the business; from engineering, sales, marketing and operations. You will also operate at every level - working with contributors, the Leadership group and the Governance team.
Some examples of the areas in where your expertise will be applied:
- Managing commercial contracts and negotiations with suppliers and customers
- Advising on content and IP ownership frameworks with marketing
- Assisting with HR to include international and UK employee and visa regulations
- International data compliance to include the impact of GDPR
You’ll also be involved in other more ad-hoc business activities such as fund-raising, insurance, international taxation, office lease negotiation or company secretarial work.
Being the sole lawyer in the business -- you will be approachable and pragmatic -- and whilst managing our existing and new risks, actively seek out the potential for risk in areas that may not have been fully identified by existing management.
Is this you?
- Fully qualified Lawyer
- A minimum of 2 years PQE, preferably in a technology company (bonus points for startup exposure)
- Able to adapt in an ever changing environment with a diverse set of challenges
- Excited about being the first lawyer within a fast-growing technology organisation
- Well rounded and extremely hands-on
- An understanding of the tech startup landscape
What you get
- Competitive salary
- Based in the heart of Shoreditch
- Flexible hours
- MacBooks for all
- Team lunches
- Private health insurance
- 28 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension plan
- Free snacks