Mobile SDK Architect
At Pusher we’ve built an incredibly successful business from our core pub-sub API product, helping tens of thousands of developers build scalable web and mobile apps faster.
But we didn’t stop there: we spent the last 18 months investing in a new platform. We took everything we learned from building and running Pusher and made it easier to develop innovative new products like Chatkit, TextSync, and Push Notifications.
We believe our products can only be successful if they provide great developer experience, which starts with easy to use, consistent SDKs.
What will you be doing 👩💻👨💻
You will work with product teams and other SDK engineers to ensure that Pusher’s SDKs are:
- Easy to integrate with popular web and mobile frameworks
- Reliable and efficient
- Documented according to Pusher’s quality standards
- Consistent across the whole product range
Your role will also involve several aspects of technical leadership:
- Informing the rest of the engineering team about changes to SDKs
- Evangelising SDK vision and development practices
- Mentoring other SDK developers
- Interviewing candidates for mobile engineering roles
You will also help the CTO build Pusher’s technical vision by:
- Understanding trends in mobile and web application development
- Prototyping new features and framework integrations
- Finding challenging problems and proposing interesting solutions
What have you done before and what do you know?
- You’ve worked on large iOS or Android applications or popular open-source libraries
- You understand current and upcoming Web standards
- You’ve had major influence in several high-level technical decisions
What are you like?
- You enjoy making it easy for other people and other teams to get stuff done.
- You understand the importance of effective communication in engineering teams.
- You’re opinionated, but you are always willing to challenge and change your opinion when presented with new facts or ideas.
- You optimise for learning (a core Pusher value) by breaking work down into small, incremental tasks and asking for early feedback.
- You’re enthusiastic. You can transmit that enthusiasm to a team whether you’re talking to them, writing a blog post or email.
- You have a bias to action, and prefer pragmatic real-world solutions over perfection.
What you get 🏆
- Competitive salary
- You choose your kit
- Pension & Health insurance
- Flexible working
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free breakfast, snacks & drinks
- Monthly lunch
- Regular social events
- Yoga & Massages
- Pusher library
Pusher is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.