Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Pusher’s realtime APIs power applications around the world across various industries. When you see an in-app chat, a collaborative text editor, or anything else that updates instantly—it could be us shifting events behind the scenes.
As a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will look after the foundation that powers these services. You will maintain and improve the Kubernetes clusters that host them as well as the automation and tooling that provision the cloud infrastructure underneath. The mission is to provide a reliable platform that scales to millions of concurrent connections as well as help product teams to release new software efficiently and safely.
To this end you will both introduce existing tools into the stack as well as help write our own where none exist.
What you will be able to learn
In the fast-moving Kubernetes ecosystem, we are always learning and always adapting to new developments. As part of the team, you will be able to:
- Work on the latest versions of Kubernetes
- Identify, socialise and implement best practices as they emerge
- Help shape the direction of the software we use via code contribution (e.g. to Kubernetes)
- Look after and contribute to our own library of open-source projects
- Learn from other engineers with a variety of backgrounds
- Be part of the team that will discover and implement solutions for the challenges this period of significant growth has in store for us.
What you will typically do
Your responsibilities will include such things as:
- Maintaining and improving the Terraform code that manages our environments
- Research and implement solutions to challenges discovered internally or raised by product teams
- Put security first: Ensure production environments and software deployed to them are secure
- Advise product teams on how to get the most out of the platform and the shared components it provides
- Mentor other engineers and share your knowledge with the team and beyond
What working in the Infrastructure Team looks like
- The infrastructure team has a lot of autonomy. We trust our teams to make well-informed decisions.
- The platform team supports product teams. We’ve built the platform to improve the product development process.
- We strongly believe in the value of open source and sharing our work so that we can all work on solving the bigger problems instead of constantly re-inventing the wheel.
- We use Terraform and Kubernetes, deploy to AWS and GCP and write our code mostly in Go.
- We are happy to use external services where doing so saves time and increases velocity.
What Pusher is like
We strongly believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion. They not only provide a better working environment but also improve the quality of our services. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
We value cooperation and knowledge sharing. It is our goal to provide an environment where everyone can continue to learn and grow every day.
Our customers are developers and our mission is to make their lives easier by solving some of the hard technical challenges for them.
As the demand for software grows, we believe that this will greatly improve their productivity and in turn increase the quality of the apps we all use on a daily basis.
What you get
- Competitive salary
- You choose your kit
- Pension & Health insurance
- Flexible working
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Free breakfast, snacks & drinks
- Monthly lunch
- Regular social events
- Yoga & Massages
- Pusher clubs
- Pusher library