Senior Platform Engineer - Distributed Systems
Pusher’s realtime APIs power applications around the world across various industries. When you see an in-app chat, a collaborative text editor, or anything else that updates instantly—it could be us shifting events behind the scenes.
As a Platform Engineer you will develop foundations for our existing and future services. Your code will handle all traffic for Pusher’s new products. You will also build tools that help our product teams ship efficient and reliable software. Your work will have a significant impact on the majority of the engineering team.
To give you a sense of our scale:
- Pusher serves 250,000 developers across 170 countries,
- We handle several millions of concurrent connections,
- Our customers have published over 10 trillion messages via Channels.
What you will be able to learn
Great software engineers never stop learning, so we want to provide you opportunities for improving your knowledge. As a Platform Engineer:
- You will get to learn and use leading-edge technologies, like Kubernetes, in high-traffic production environments
- You will solve difficult problems, not only improving the reliability and efficiency of our services, but also making work easier for other engineers at Pusher
- You will have a chance to learn from many experienced engineers with various technical backgrounds
- You will help take Pusher’s products through a period of significant growth, encountering many unique engineering challenges along the way
What you will typically do
Platform Engineers do many things, but most of their responsibilities fall into following categories:
- Building and maintaining the API gateway, the authentication system and other services shared across Pusher’s new products,
- Developing the shared Go library used by all our new internal services,
- Advising product teams to improve performance of their services,
- Mentoring less experienced developers and help them do an even better job,
- Interviewing candidates for various roles in the Platform team.
What working in the platform team looks like
- The platform team serves product teams. Platform Engineers often collaborate with product teams to understand their needs and help them solve platform-level problems.
- The platform team is highly autonomous. Like other engineering teams at Pusher, the platform team gets plenty of freedom to choose what to build and how.
- The platform team uses a modern tech stack. Platform services are written in Go and deployed on Kubernetes. Pusher uses and supports many other projects from the Cloud Native Computing Foundation.
- The platform team subscribes to the lean methodology. We work in short iterations with as little bureaucracy as possible. We value continuous improvement.
- The platform team defaults to using third-party solutions for non-strategic problems. It’s easy to get overwhelmed with maintenance, so we only solve the most important problems in house.
What Pusher is likeWe strongly believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion. They not only provide a better working environment but also improve the quality of our services. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
We are here to help our customers build delightful applications. By solving significant engineering challenges and packaging them into easy to use APIs, we let developers focus on making their users happy.
We put emphasis on collaboration between people and teams. Everyone is on the same mission, so sharing work helps us reach our goals faster. Throwing problems over the wall and pointing fingers at each other is not our style.
We strive for transparency. Keeping everyone well-informed is crucial for building trust, efficiency and satisfaction at work.
What you get
You choose your kit
Pension & Health insurance
28 days holiday + bank holidays
Free breakfast, snacks & drinks
Regular social events
Yoga & Massages
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!