Cloud Infrastructure Intern
Pusher’s realtime APIs power applications around the world across various industries. When you see an in-app chat, a collaborative text editor, or anything else that updates instantly—it could be us shifting events behind the scenes.
We strongly believe in learning by doing and you can expect to be doing real work right from the start, making real improvements to the Pusher platform.
As a member of the Cloud Infrastructure team, you will be part of projects that will touch both cloud infrastructure as well as software development.
You will learn about building and testing reliable, scalable infrastructure code and putting it successfully into production.
Teamwork is very important to us and you will be working closely with the other members of the team and also have a dedicated mentor to guide you through your internship.
What we’ll offer you
- A chance to work with cutting-edge technologies like Terraform and Kubernetes on AWS, write software in Go and solve real-world problems
- Working as part of a great team of dedicated Cloud Infrastructure Engineers
- Insights into how to maintain and improve a scalable software platform
- We will help develop your coding skills and as well as guide you through the delivery process from peer review to deployment
What you’ll need
- You’ve got a passion for cloud infrastructure, networking and scale
- You value teamwork and believe a good team is more than the sum of its parts
- You will have completed at least one year of your university degree by July 2019, studying a relevant discipline (such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics)
- You have written code before, preferably on Linux platforms. This could have been as part of your course work or for personal interest.
What working in the Infrastructure Team looks like
- The infrastructure team has a lot of autonomy. We trust our teams to make well-informed decisions.
- The platform team supports product teams. We’ve built the platform to improve the product development process.
- We strongly believe in the value of open source and sharing our work so that we can all work on solving the bigger problems instead of constantly re-inventing the wheel.
- We use Terraform and Kubernetes, deploy to AWS and GCP and write our code mostly in Go.
- We are happy to use external services where doing so saves time and increases velocity.
What Pusher is like
We strongly believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. It is our belief that this not only provides a better working environment but also improves the quality of the products we produce.
We value cooperation and knowledge sharing. It is our goal to provide an environment where everyone can continue to learn and grow every day.
This internship will begin in July for a minimum of 10 weeks over the summer holiday it will be a regular, Monday - Friday 40 hour week.
Applications close Friday December 14th
What you get
- Salary of £2,250 per month
- 25 days holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Regular social events
- Free breakfast, snacks & drinks
- Monthly lunch
- Yoga & Massages
- Pusher clubs
- Pusher library