Pusher is a developer tools company helping some of the worlds most innovative companies build realtime, interactive features into their web and mobile apps. Collaborated through InVision, ordered dinner on Deliveroo, or taken a ride with Lyft? Pusher helps deliver those experiences and many more. We help developers spend less time reinventing the wheel, and more time innovating.
The way we communicate our vision to customers matters, and design plays a huge role in helping us to deliver the right message, in the right way. We collaborate with engineers, illustrators, writers, marketers and other folks to create engaging, usable experiences that inform and delight visitors, helping them learn about our products and guiding them to a good solution.
As a Digital Designer at Pusher, you’ll be able to take ownership of those experiences across our marketing site and other web projects. Alongside others, you’ll translate our vision, content, and brand identity into beautiful, interactive journeys for our customers on the web. We care deeply about our users, and you’ll be in charge of reflecting that care across any page they visit.
For more about our team, check out these posts on our team and design principles.
What you’ll be doing
- Improving the user experience, interaction design and visual design of the Pusher marketing site, and collaborating with others across the company to bring your ideas to life.
- Creating a sense of consistency and coherence across different Pusher websites to push our brand and interface design further, and help to create a narrative that reflects our vision.
- Creating and socialising a design system to be used across our different websites, collaborating with engineers, illustrators, and writers to create a well-rounded system.
- Exploring how we can communicate more effectively through interaction and motion design, utilising the expressiveness of the web medium to create delightful experiences for our visitors.
- Measuring your work through user research studies and usage data, constantly iterating on and improving how our product pages—amongst others—communicate and perform.
Which skills you’ll need
- Skilled in visual design, user interface design, and interaction design
- Knowledgeable about the web platform and how it impacts design
- Skilled in creating and utilising UI pattern libraries for the web
- Knowledgeable and opinionated about current design tools and trends
- Able to think holistically about design whilst taking care of the details
- Experienced and skilled at collaborating effectively with others
- Good communications skills; able to articulate and defend decisions
- Adaptable and quick to respond to changing requirements
- Resourceful and comfortable taking ownership of decisions and work
- Customer-centric and driven by creating high-performing work
What Pusher is like
We strongly believe in the importance of diversity and inclusion. They not only provide a better working environment but also improve the quality of our services. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
We are here to help our customers build delightful applications. By solving significant engineering challenges and packaging them into easy to use APIs, we let developers focus on making their users happy.
We put emphasis on collaboration between people and teams. Everyone is on the same mission, so sharing work helps us reach our goals faster. Throwing problems over the wall and pointing fingers at each other is not our style.
We strive for transparency. Keeping everyone well-informed is crucial for building trust, efficiency and satisfaction at work.
What Pusher provides
- Pension (up to 4% matching)
- Private Healthcare Insurance (including Dental & Optical, after completing Probation)
- A choice of laptop, monitor and peripherals
- Learning allowance
- 25 days annual leave + 3 days between Christmas and New Year when the office is closed
- Free breakfast, fresh fruit, soft drinks, tea, high-quality freshly-ground coffee, and snacks
- Massages and yoga in the office
- Regular office social events